Do you want to pitch your book idea to a publisher? Most people answer this question with a resounding, ‘yes’.
But it takes more than you might think to get your book idea over the line, as collaboration expert Simon Dowling explains.
As a former (aka reformed) commercial lawyer and improv actor on both stage and TV, Simon now works extensively with senior leaders and their teams as a mentor and advisor, as well as being a highly sought-after speaker.
Here, he reveals his tips that helped him get his book Work With Me, published by John Wiley in 2016, over the line.
Watch now and learn:
- Why it’s important to take things slowly and gently
- How important it is to build a long-term relationship
- Why you need to start with the assumption that no one thinks it’s a good idea, yet.
After you have watched this, we would love to know:
- What is the biggest insight for you?
- What action will you take to have a go at pitching your idea to a publisher?
Please share your thoughts, ideas and comments on the Kelly Irving Facebook Page.